Up to £12 million is on offer to UK businesses for projects that support the development of healthcare technologies and processes.
Innovate UK and the Medical Research Council (MRC) are to invest up to £12 million in new and novel healthcare solutions.
There are 2 competitions for UK micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the latest round of the Biomedical Catalyst. These are for feasibility and early stage projects.
What we are looking for
We are looking to support the development of innovative healthcare technologies and processes such as:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
These are for exploring and testing the commercial potential and feasibility of ideas. Up to £2 million is available.
These are for testing a well-developed concept and showing its effectiveness in a relevant environment. Up to £10 million is available.
About the Biomedical Catalyst
The Biomedical Catalyst is a partnership between Innovate UK and the MRC. It aims to support the most innovative life sciences opportunities regardless of the scientific approach. It also wants to de-risk academia and industry being able to take forward innovative scientific ideas.
- the competitions are open, and the deadline is midday on Wednesday 11 October 2017
- you could get up to £200,000 for feasibility studies lasting up to 1 year
- you could get between £250,000 and £4 million for early-stage projects lasting between 1 and 3 years
- you can work alone or in collaboration with other businesses or research organisations, but to lead a project you must be a UK-based SME
- you can watch the recording of the briefing event to help with your application
Find out more and apply for the feasibility studies competition.
Find out more and apply for the early-stage competition.
Published: 2 August 2017
From: Innovate UK