A strong and healthy sport economy benefits both sport and society more widely.
The Sports Business Council stems from Government’s Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation to act as a forum for the sport and physical activity sector, working with Government to ensure the sector continues to grow and prosper.
The Council is co-chaired by Sports Minister Tracey Crouch and Richard Scudamore, Executive Chairman of the Premier League.
Members of the Council are drawn from a number of leading public and private sector organisations working in sport and physical activity.
- Joanna Adams – Chief Executive Officer, England Netball
- John Allert – Chief Marketing Officer, McLaren Technology Group
- Kate Bosomworth – Independent Consultant and Sport England Board Member
- Christian Brodie – Chair, South East Local Enterprise Partnership
- Rich Callaway – UK Sports Marketing Director, Nike
- Robert Cook – Managing Director UK, Virgin Active
- Paul Foster – Chief Executive Officer, The Great Run Company
- Tom Harrison – Chief Executive Officer, England and Wales Cricket Board
- Dan Lane – Chief Executive Officer and Founder, WOOOBA
- Christopher Lee – Managing Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Populous
- Mark Lichtenhein – Chair, Sports Rights Owners Coalition
- Sally Munday – Chief Executive, England Hockey
- Barbara Slater – Director of Sport, BBC
- Bill Sweeney – Chief Executive Officer, British Olympic Association
- Steven Ward – Chief Executive Officer, ukactive
- Philip Yates – Managing Director UK, Ottobock
Read the Council’s Terms of Reference (MS Word Document, 6.3KB)
Read the Sport Business Council minutes, 10 October 2017 (MS Word Document, 25.9KB)
Read the Sport Business Council minutes, 27 June 2017 (MS Word Document, 28.6KB)