Role of the group
Set up to be a voice for creative industries, the council focus on areas where there are barriers to growth facing the sector, such as access to finance, skills, export markets, regulation, intellectual property (IP) and infrastructure. Action will be taken forward in these areas through the work of a small number of ‘task and finish’ working groups.
Council members are leading figureheads drawn from across the creative and digital industries including TV, computer games, fashion, music, arts, publishing and film.
The council is co-chaired by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, John Whittingdale, the Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills, Sajid Javid and Nicola Mendelsohn, Vice-President for Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Facebook.
- Hasan Bakhshi - NESTA
- Josh Berger - Warner Bros
- Dinah Caine - Creative Skillset
- Tony Hall - BBC
- Andy Heath - UK Music
- Darren Henley - ACE
- Sajid Javid - BIS
- John Kampfner - Creative Industries Federation
- Tim Lefroy - The Advertising Association
- Ian Livingstone CBE - Playdemic Ltd
- John McVay - PACT
- John Mathers - Design Council
- Nicola Mendelsohn (Co-Chair) - Facebook
- Richard Mollet - Publishers Association
- Amanda Nevill - BFI
- Caroline Norbury - Creative England
- Denise Proctor - NOISE Festival
- Harry Rich - RIBA
- Caroline Rush - British Fashion Council
- Jeremy Silver - Innovate UK
- Geoff Taylor - BPI
- Jo Twist - UKIE
- Ed Vaizey MP - DCMS
- John Whittingdale - DCMS
- Riccardo Zacconi - King
For previous minutes please go to the National Archives website.
Terms of reference