Export dairy products from a Category C country for human consumption to the European Union: certificate 8284

In the event the UK leaves the EU without a deal, use these forms and guidance notes to export dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and whey derived from milk of cows, sheep, goats and buffaloes as food for human consumption to member states of the European Union, if the UK is given Category C authorisation by the EU, according to Regulation 605/2010.

Section B: Guidance

The following document contains guidance on pre export procedures for exporters and Official Vets.

What you need to do

You need to fill out the Export Application Form (ET169) and the Certificate in Section A to export.

Email the documents in Section A to: product.exports@apha.gov.uk.

Send one email for each application.

The guidance notes in Section B have information for exporters and Official Veterinarians (OV) Environmental Health Officers (EHO) and Certification Support Officers (CSO).

Export certificates are sometimes updated. The most up to date version will be found on this page.

If you do not use the latest version, your application will not be accepted.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal

In the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal, anyone exporting live animals, animal products, composite products, live fish or shellfish to the EU after 23:00 on 29th March 2019 will need to apply for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) in advance of the export.

Further details:

Published 20 February 2019