7. Transfer your permit

You can transfer a permit to a new operator, eg when you’ve sold your business to someone else, or a permit holder moves away or dies.

Transfer a standalone water discharge or groundwater permit

Fill in part D1: notification of transfer form.

Get the person taking over the permit to fill in part A: about you.

Transfer an installations, waste and mining waste operations permit

The person who wants to take over the permit must fill in:

Reporting convictions

You must declare relevant convictions when you apply for the transfer.

Post your completed forms

In England, post your forms to the Environment Agency.

Permitting and Support Centre
Environmental Permitting Team
Environment Agency
Quadrant 2
99 Parkway Avenue
Parkway Business Park
S9 4WF

In Wales, post your forms to Natural Resources Wales.

Permit Receipt Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP