Editorial Report: Changing Lives – Making Research Real. Final Report. March 2010 – March 2011.
This is a report of all the activities for Phase 2 of this project
This document reports all the activities for Phase 2 of the Changing Lives: Making Research Real project , March 2010 to March 2011.
The programme products included:
1. Updated mini-site entitled “Changing Lives: Making Research Real” linked to the IPS Africa web-page with links to various research organizations;
2. 60 African online feature stories;
3. Twelve thematically linked feature stories from Asia;
4. Columns produced by southern researchers;
5. Twenty-four radio stories a month;
6. Selected online stories rewritten for radio \"rip and read\";
7. At least six radio programmes during the project period;
8. Weekly distribution to media on the continent;
9. Monthly html newsletter distribution;
10. Quarterly eight-page newsletter;
11. Updated branding and branding materials including pamphlets;
12. Marketed distribution to media in Africa;
13. Specific partnership drive to ensure IPS Africa can harness regional events to improve journalistic coverage of research;
14. Evaluation meeting with best practices guidelines developed.
These outputs formed the basis for IPS Africa to review and evaluate the
best practices with learning outputs that included:
What works and what does not work in reporting research
The role of new as opposed to traditional media in reporting research
Best Practices report (outputs of workshop)
South-south learning in reporting research
IPS Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, 39 pp.