Violent conflict is the subject of this topic guide. The guide provides an overview of key topics ranging from the causes, dynamics and impacts of conflict to options for interventions to prevent, manage and respond to conflict. It is divided into five main parts:
- Chapter 1: Understanding violent conflict
- Chapter 2: Living in conflict affected areas: focus on children and
- Chapter 3: Preventing and managing violent conflict
- Chapter 4: Recovering from violent conflict
- Chapter 5: Intervening in conflict-affected areas
This topic guide was written by Huma Haider (GSDRC, University of Birmingham) in 2009 and updated in 2014 by Brigitte Rohwerder (GSDRC, Institute of Development Studies).
Haider, H.; Rohwerder, B. Conflict: Topic Guide. Governance and Social Development Resource Centre, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK (2014) 152 pp.