Childcare business grants - England

A grant for setting up a childminder business or agency

How much you can get

£500 to £1,000

Who it’s for

You could get a childcare business grant to help with the costs of setting up a childminder business or agency (CMA) in England.

You’ll get a grant if:

  • you’re registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency
  • you have your early years registration certificate
  • you’re going to offer 30 hours of childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds (either on your own or in partnership with other providers)

What you can get

What you’ll get

The money can help you pay for:

  • public liability insurance
  • Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance
  • childcare training courses
  • Ofsted or child minder agency registration
  • a first aid course
  • equipment


Department for Education (DfE)

Find out more
Published 20 March 2017