Automotive diagnostic testing training - Wales
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- 20 March 2017
- Type of support:
- Grant, Expertise and advice, and Recognition awards
- Business stage:
- Start-ups (1-2 years trading) and Established
- Transport and distribution and Wholesale and retail
- Number of employees:
- 0 to 9 employees, 10 to 249 employees, 250 to 500 employees, and More than 500 employees
Training of motor mechanics in electronic diagnosis of faults.
Who it’s for
You must be at least 19 years old and currently working at least 16 paid hours per week in a garage in Wales.
Ideally, you’ll have a Level 2 qualification in automotive service and repair or proof of at least 3 years workshop experience. This could mean that you’re working to Level 3 standard but have no formal qualification.
What you can get
Courses will be between 15 and 45 hours in length depending on current skill levels.
Institute of Motor Industry (IMI) and the Welsh Government
Published: 20 March 2017