- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- 20 October 2017
- Type of support:
- Finance, Grant, and Expertise and advice
- Business stage:
- Start-ups (1-2 years trading) and Established
- Agriculture and food, Business and finance, Construction, Education, Health Hospitality and catering, IT, digital and creative, Manufacturing, Mining, Real estate and property, Science and technology, Service industries, Transport and distribution, Travel and leisure, Utilities providers, and Wholesale and retail
- Number of employees:
- 0 to 9 employees and 10 to 249 employees
Grants and support to increase research, development and innovation in agritech.
How much you can get
Between £2,500 and £50,000 of grant funding.
Who it’s for
Any sector is eligible so long as the funding is used to research and develop innovative new products or services in the agriculture, horticulture and food sectors.
Key themes include:
- healthy livestock (especially dairy)
- resource efficiency
- specialised crops (and their production)
- enabling technologies
Applications for R&D into other agricultural innovations will also be considered.
What you can get
As well as funding, you could also benefit from participating in collaborative research projects with partner research institutions and graduate placements to assist with research and development.
The project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Published: 20 October 2017
Industry: Agriculture and food Business and finance Construction Education Health Hospitality and catering IT, digital and creative Manufacturing Mining Real estate and property Science and technology Service industries Transport and distribution Travel and leisure Utilities providers Wholesale and retail