From Newport City Council

How to apply

1. Application for a licence to operate an animal boarding establishment

To run a boarding kennel or cattery, you need a licence from the local authority. PLEASE CONTACT NEWPORT CITY COUNCIL TO DISCUSS YOUR APPLICATION FIRST -BEFORE MAKING YOUR APPLICATION ON LINE at The number of dogs and cats that may be accommodated will be specified on the licence along with other specific conditions. A local authority may authorise an officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect licensed premises.

Apply online

The issuing authority for this licence is Newport City Council (change location)

You can contact them using the details below.

Civic Centre

NP20 4UR